I can’t believe we (I’m a twin) just celebrated another birthday last week! Get a glimpse of my other half-pun intended– right here.
It was a Tuesday, I woke up to hugs and kisses from my little ones, love and well wishes from family and friends, my co-workers showered me with a cake, balloons, and birthday cards. The added bonus? A mini get-away courtesy of my husband. So all in all, it was an AMAZING day!!
Wow! I am the big 3-3-, I say that with excitement, not disbelief. It is funny to think all of the things that use to bother me in my 20s are just a mere memory in my 30s. Growing older has definitely granted me some much needed wisdom. It has been an incredible year, and if this is any indication of what the next 33 years are going to look like, then yes, bring it on!
(Got my first professional make-up done by the talented JB Artistry. Took this selfie on my way to a photoshoot, how do I look?)
It is hard to believe that God has already blessed me with 33 years of life. Time sure flies, especially when your having fun. Getting out of my comfort zone, exploring my dreams, and empowering my thoughts is truly a humbling experience for me. In order for you to achieve all God has in store for you:
Although the journey so far was not always easy, I am grateful for the lessons I’ve learned along way.
Here are 33 Lessons I’ve Learned in 33 Years:
- Put God first in everything you do and He will direct your path
- Pray, Pray, Pray
- Try to laugh more than you cry
- Never give up on your dreams no matter how long it takes.
- Read your Bible daily, it is your MOST powerful weapon against the enemy
- Forgive wholeheartedly
- Face all yours fears one by one until you become fearless
- Don’t ever compare yourself to anyone
- Find a good church home that’s a good fit for you
- Be BOLD about your faith and stand up for what you believe in
- It’s important to eat healthy and incorporate workouts into your lifestyle
- Take good care of your skin and teeth (I’m still trying to keep up with dental visits)
- Try not to let rude or negative comments ruin your smile, always try to find the lesson in any conversation or situation
- Find ways to keep improving your life daily. (Read a book, take on a new hobby, whatever you decide, just DON’T STOP learning)
- Quit trying to make others happy while you remain miserable
- Learn how to manage your finances early. You can’t be well off financially if you don’t know how to plan and budget for it
- Do something you’ve never done before (at least once a month)
- Dance, Dance, Dance..even if you don’t know how, just let the music take you away
- You are much more powerful than you think
- Cherish your friends…good friends are a rare treasure.
- Sometimes Mother really knows best
- No success comes without failure. Be patient (what’s for me will always be for me)
- I refuse to give up in life without first utilizing all of my talents and full potentials here on earth
- There is freedom in letting go. Stop trying to control and change people. There is only ONE person who specializes in permanent heart surgery-his name is JESUS
- Forgive, forgive, forgive. Unforgiveness is like poison, it will cause your heart to deteriorate really fast. ( I know it was already mentioned in #5, but I just had to say it again)
- Love yourself truly and unconditionally, just don’t be too self-absorbed or arrogant.
- Have respect and be kind to others. You never know what someone else is going through
- Say I’m sorry and I love you…just make sure you mean it
- Stop worrying about what people think of you-the reality is half of the time, they are not even THINKING about you
- Be slow to speak and quick to listen (there are some things you can’t take back once it comes out of your mouth)
- It is better to give than to receive
- Dress comfortably and confidently, a classy woman never goes out of style
- Stop looking back at your past, it is called the past for a reason
Thanks for reading!
What are some lessons have YOU learned this year?