In honor of recently celebrating my 35th birthday – which was really 10 weeks ago- I am getting out of my comfort zone to dish out 35 facts you may or may not have known about me.
Here I go!
- The definition of Alice means noble and kind. That explains why I admire the finer things in life. I try to be kind most of the time, but my pettiness always gets me in trouble.
- I am a fraternal twin, my twin brother’s name is Alex. He is 6’1 and I am 5’5. I secretly which I was his height every time I see him walk in the room.
- I can read my twin brother’s mood without him uttering a single word. My point? He can’t lie to me:)
- When I was a little girl (probably 4 or 5) I drank a cup of gasoline because I initially thought it was water. Even now, if I’m around leaked gasoline for too long, I get a major headache.
- By the time I was 13 years old, I lived in 3 different countries (Haiti, Bahamas, and the USA).
- My second language is Haitian Creole. I can fluently speak, read, and write creole.
- I use to be a public speaker in the Bahamas from ages 9-11 and now public speaking scares the heck out of me!
- My favorite holiday is Christmas.
- I’ve never physically seen or touched snow in my life.
- I have a total of 10 siblings.
- Growing up I wanted to become a singer (because of Whitney Houston).
- I attended preschool in Haiti, so when I moved back to my hometown Nassau I forgot how to speak English and had to re-learn the English language all over again.
- Writing poems at age 14 became a way for me to escape my reality and that’s how I fell in love with writing.
- I like to sing.
- Reading books is one of my favorite hobbies.
- I love to laugh!
- My hairstyle changes monthly, because I can’t stand looking the same for too long.
- Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do. Now that I have kids I cherish it even more because it is rare.
- I once went to Wet-n- Wild Orlando and almost
dieddrowned because I don’t know how to swim.
- My alter ego is a wealthy British woman name Emma. My kids love when I get into character, especially during story time. Lol!
- My favorite movies are Love Jones, the Best Man, and 300.
- In 8th grade I was awarded a four-year scholarship to my local private community college. Thanking God because I don’t have any student loan debts!! This is why it pays to be smart. Literally.
- Going to the beach is therapeutic for me but I hate the feeling of sand between my toes.
- I believe in God
- I will only eat Mexican food in Mexico. People think I’m joking when I say that, but I am so serious.
- I suck at math
- English was my favorite subject in school (that explains why I like to write)
- My siblings and I are very close
- My mother is one of my best friends. We talk on the phone almost everyday
- My daughter is only 5 and she acts and talks just like me. No joke. It’s like I’m talking to myself everyday. So help me sweet baby Jesus!
- I don’t like to drink alcoholic beverages
- When I was younger I got bullied a lot by young boys which made my “not today” attitude grow even stronger.
- I am a very impatient person…guess that’s why God gave me an introverted husband and two very loud kids!
- Being on time is important to me, I do not like being late, so when I’m late I get really embarrass.
- The number one thing I get complimented on the most by people from all walks of life is my style. My smile is a close second.
Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I liked writing it!
Thanks for reading.